If you encounter a life threatening emergency requiring RESCUE ON WATER during a CORA event:
1) Call the Coast Guard on VHF Channel 16 or 843-740-7050. Describe your and vessel’s location, and victim’s injury / situation, and give them your call back number.
2) If conducting an event off the Carolina YC dock, the address here is 50 East Bay Street, Charleston
3) Call 911 and inform the same information as above, and give them your call back number.
4) Call CORA Rear Commodore at 843-864-6426, and if at the Carolina YC, call the CYC Sailing Director at 203-209-6313, or Dock Master at 203-940-1440
or the Club Office at 843-722-0209
5) Complete an incident report.
If you encounter a life threatening emergency and TRANSPORT THE VICTIM TO CAROLINA YC DOCKS:
1) Call 911 and the Charleston Police Department 843-577-7434
2) Describe your location (50 East Bay Street), the victim’s injury and describe where to meet you and the victim on the docks. Be sure to leave your call back phone number.
3) Call the Carolina YC office at 843-722-0209 to prepare them for an ambulance approaching the yacht club.
4) After victim has been attended to and transported call CORA Rear Commodore at 843-864-6426 to report details.
5) Complete and incident report.
If you encounter an injury, NOT LIFE THREATENING, BUT NEEDING MEDICAL ATTENTION:
1) Consider driving to MUSC Medical Center at 169 Ashley Ave. 843-792-9705
2) HOWEVER, if in doubt as to the severity of any injury treat as life threatening and follow the steps above! Call 911.
3) Call CORA Rear Commodore at 843-864-6426 to report details, and complete an incident report.