The CORA Offshore Challenge Series was initiated in 2006 to allow CORA sailors to demonstrate their expertise in offshore ocean racing, including navigation, safety, crew management, race strategy and tactics. The Series consists of seven long distance offshore races including three overnight races. Competitors must complete at least one overnight race to qualify for overall Offshore Challenge Series trophies.
FINAL RESULTS FOR 2018 QUANTUM OFFSHORE CHALLENGE SERIES HERE
- Spring Ocean (March 9) and Fall Ocean (November 2) races starting in the Charleston Harbor, out into the ocean and return (15-41 NM course depending on conditions)
- Overnight race from Charleston Harbor to Hilton Head (Quicksilver Cup on April 26))
- Two, 2-day races from Charleston Harbor to Rockville (Day 1) and return race next day (Sherriff's Cup on March 30 and the Alice Cup Sept 28)
- Overnight Summer Sailstice Race starting and finishing in Charleston Harbor (100+ mile ocean course) starting Friday, June 21
- Overnight race from Charleston Harbor to Savannah, GA (Savannah Cup on Friday, August 9)